Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

POSH

     On Thursday my class went to see the play "POSH" at the Duke of York's Theatre of London.  The theater was where the original production of "Peter Pan" was produced in December of 1904.  It is located around the corner from Leicester Square, one of my favorite places to hang out.


     The play itself was quite interesting.  It premiered in 2010, and is about an elite dinning club called "The Riot Club," set in modern day.  There are ten young men in the club who are part of the privileged class.  They have never wanted for anything in their lives, and believe, (and constantly have this reaffirmed), that money can buy them whatever they want.  They abuse this power, and reap havoc on all those less fortunate than themselves.  Why not?  They can have a bit of fun, and then pay to cover the damages.  No harm done, right?  As long as everyone is happy in the end.

     The dinner party the play focuses on gets slowly out of hand, as the boys get more drunk and wild as the night unfolds (they also break out into the occasional famous, but random song, which is quite hilarious).  They do some repulsive things that compromise any empathy the audience may have had.  In the end, everyone is NOT happy, which is unusual to this club.  It is the first time that they could not buy their way out of their problems, and have to face the music.  Obviously a group of ten boys are not going to willingly go down together, so a schism turns friend on friend, as they try to pin the blame for the unfortunate turn of events on one another.

     POSH is currently playing at the Duke of York's Theatre London until August 4th.  Tickets are available from a number of sites, including online at http://www.poshtheplay.com/index-posh.php#ticket-info.  I would give this production a 7.5 out of 10.

     This was my first play I saw in London, and really enjoyed myself.  As I am more of a movie buff than I am a theater goer, I was quite excited when I figured out that a few of the cast members have been in some of my favorite movies.  I can't explain the excitement I get when I see someone I've watched for hours in a film, in real life.  


     I am looking forward to the next show, as we are going to see "Sweeney Todd."

No comments:

Post a Comment