Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Greetings from London!

I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS DIDN'T POST!!!  I wrote this on Tuesday:

     For those of you who are not aware, for the next two months I will be studying abroad in London.  I could not be more excited...Okay, I can think of ways that would make me more excited to be here (meeting Johnny Depp for one; staring in a movie; etc.)...Let's just settle on I am overjoyed to have the opportunity to be here.

     I arrived yesterday (Monday) around noon (that is really early for those of you in the US).  My plane was scheduled to take off 9 pm EST, so naturally took off around midnight.  For my first time traveling by myself, I had to quickly learn how to ask for directions and find where I was going in order to catch my ride to my lodging (all while carting around my luggage, as if I don't look enough like a tourist).

     The place in which I am staying is wonderful!  It is quite literally right down the road from King's Cross Station, from which I can board a train, bus, or hop on the Tube to get most anywhere in London, (or Europe in general).

     Today (Tuesday) I had the pleasure of joining the City of London (not to mention half of the world who congregated on the streets), in watching the Queen travel by in honor of her Diamond Jubilee.  On the way back, a group of us got lost, but learned a new section of the city (and how to find our way back).  At one point, I myself was separated from the small group I was traveling with, and was able to find my way home.  Over the past day and a half I have learned how people in a city shop (much lighter than I did the first time), and remember how to get to a half a dozen important shops (including a 24/7 McDonald's).  This is going to be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment